Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turquoise for Christmas

The inspiration for this table was the napkin and a blogging friend name Becky who recently crossed over. She created a Valentine's Day table using Scarlet, Turquoise and Rose on her amazing blog Random Musings of  Deco Lady. I'm sorry but I still haven't learned how to add a link(update: Thanks to Bonnie at Living with Thanksgiving, I know how to add a link. Be sure to stop by her blog as she is having a give away.). I had been thinking of this table for a while. I would have imagined talking to Becky about it. It is a bit non-traditional but it works.

The Fiesta colors are Scarlet, Turquoise, Gray and White. The napkin was a clearance purchase at World Market. I believe I purchased them for $.49 each. The bowl in the center was a gift from my nephew's fiancee (he would say he it is from him too). When she gave it to me, she apologized for it not being made in the USA. It made me laugh because there is someone listening to me preach about my Fiesta that is made here in the USA. So anyway, the bowl is glass and made in Turkey. It is one of my favorites and has a place all year long in the living room.




I hope you are enjoying decorating for the season.  I hope to link up with The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays.  Be sure to stop by and see what everyone else is doing for the holidays.

15 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful, the colors may not be tradional but it works !
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love turquoise & red together! I think it looks whimsical & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very pretty! Love the colors.
    Here from Seasonal Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    I love the way you did your tablescape with your Beautiful dishes sweet lady.
    I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Christmas Tablescape.
    Also I hope you have a great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Monica! Turquoise and red are wonderful for Christmas, and your table looks great. I've been missing Becky a lot, too. Happy Decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table, Monica...turquoise goes with so many colors, especially red. I love that huge bowl, it is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Monica,

    Thanks for stopping by! Love your new table display, the turquoise, red and white is really fun. I don't have any of the white fiesta. My winter fiesta colors are red, eggplant, and brick. I like to mix the red ones in with some Christmas dishes. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turquoise and Red so pretty! The napkins are great and what a find. The bowl caught my attention because of the colors and design. I love that you live in Texas, too. Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I totally love this. The flatware is amazing. I agree that it's a terrific combination and so different. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been browsing through your blog and love the way you mix and match all your Fiesta! Wow, what a nice collection you have!

    Nice to meet you!

    Merry Christmas!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Fiesta is Beautiful for your Christmas dinner. The colors go great together sweet lady.I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Christmas tree. I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year,
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Monica, Thanks for stopping by! Missing your fiestaware tables, my hubby got me the paprika salt and pepper shakers for the holidays. Have a wonderful New Year, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monica. Thanks for all of your Christmas visits to my blog. It was great to "have you over." I hope you have some time to play with your dishes. I know you miss your Spunky!

    Take care,

    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi lovely lady.
    I hope you and your family are doing well!!!.
    I miss your post and your comments.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of my dishes. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you come back to visit again soon.