Sunday, October 5, 2014

Purple Fall Table Challenge

I was excited when Cuisine Kathleen challenged us to a purple Fall tablescape. I can't wait to see what others have created.
As I was taking pictures, I thought of other things I could have used or thought about adding another color. In the end I left it as is. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.  Do you ever second guess your table?
I used Fiesta in Plum and White.  My owl was black but I felt he needed a change so he got a new coat of spray paint.


 The purple pumpkins and the votive holders are new.  I was tempted to get four pumpkins
to put on each place setting but I resisted.  The napkin rings below were found at a local shop that sells all types of items.  I haven't been able to go this year to see what they had for Fall.  I really tried not to add new items this year.

Here is the full place setting.  I know the Plum looks darker and may even look black or brown on your screen. It is hard color to photograph.




The squirrel below is what made me choose white.  I knew I wanted him on the table.

I had fun creating this table.  The challenges from Cuisine Kathleen help inspire me.  Be sure to stop by her blog to see what she and others have created.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous monica! Love that plum fiesta. Your pumpkin, squirrel and owl centerpieces are so pretty and creative. I forgot the challenge was this week. Wonder if I can whip up a setting in a day or so? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the purple challenge, Monica! Your plum fiestaware came in quite handy for your lovely table. Painting your owl was a great idea.
    I love your teapot lamp in your header, along with all your orange dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purple challenge table came out great! I didn't know Fiestaware had a purple or plum color. The owl looks good in the new color perched on the purple bowl! I always 2nd guess myself but usually find out my first ideas were best anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Monica! I LOVE your table! The purple and white is a perfect combination. You gotta love Fiestaware!! You have more than succeeded at Kathleen's challenge. Bravo! (those napkin rings are perfect, too!) Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica, everything on your wonderful that is purple did show up as purple! Love the unique napkin rings. Cute owl, I think white is a better color to show up than black.
    You certainly met the challenge head on!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding??!?!?!! I ALWAYS second guess myself! I'm never satisfied. I think it's a little ol' thing called OCD! :-) You, on the other hand, had no reason to second guess yourself on this one. It's terrific! The creamy white elements help to show off the deep purple hues. (The plum looks totally plum on my computer screen.)

    I really like that big silver nut! I would love to have a few of those to toss around the house!

    Well done, Monica! I hope all is well and looking brighter. It's been awhile since we last chatted. Take care of yourself, and drop me a line sometime. Love to you and your family, and happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table! I really like that tablecloth! Purple and white go so well together. Love your little own perched on that purple bowl! Looks like he's keeping an eye on things for you!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your purple table, Monica. Love the deep purple plates and glass and the napkin rings you used....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. The plum is so pretty with the white! I always like to see what Fiesta colors you choose. Yep, I second guess myself all the time. I've even shown both choices before, and asked for favorites! LOL!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica, this is so pretty! Love that deep purple! Yes, always second guess myself and I am often unhappy with what I thought was going to work!
    Thanks so much for taking the challenge, and glad you got Dude to join in!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of my dishes. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you come back to visit again soon.